It’s a FROZEN Friday Five over at RevGals!
1. For The First Time in Forever: Tell us about a magical first snow day – for a child, a transplanted southerner, or maybe you have a great story from the first snowfall in your area this season. I usually love snow days, the sense of being safe and warm inside, hot coffee, a good book, internet and not having any reason to go out and nobody expects me to visit when they are asking people to stay off the roads. It’s like a mini sabbatical. But… we have had so many days like that since the beginning of 2015, that it is no longer a novelty. We have cancelled church twice because of the weather, not to mention numerous mid-week events.
2. In Summer: Tell us what you look forward to when it’s warmer again. Being outside again, digging in my garden, walking along the beach. NOT HAVING TO PUT BOOTS ON!
3. Reindeers are Better than people: We are in the business of loving people. But sometimes… Well, it’s a bit of a stretch to love. Do you have a tip, a mantra, or a perspective that helps? “It’s not about me.”
4. Fixer Upper: Since we are in the season of Lent, what are you doing in the area of self-improvement? I am trying to get back to healthy eating. However, with the crazy weather we are having, I have been plagued by migraines and then I crave greasy, salty foods.
5. Let. It. Go. What would Elsa do? Are you de-cluttering? Moving on? Accepting a hard reality? Finding freedom? I am living in the present, being attentive to what is in front of me.
Bonus: Frozen, thawing out or thawed, share a picture from your winter this year!