What are the things which gladden your heart? Which give you strength and sustain you when the going gets tough? And, can you choose just five!?
- Getting outside with my camera, which helps me notice and be present.
- Singing, ‘In the Lord, I’ll Be Ever Thankful.’ It’s been a favourite since I first heard it over a decade ago and the congregation sang it as I came down the aisle at our wedding in 2012.
- The hymn ‘What a Friend We Have in Jesus.’ While I may not agree with all the theology in it anymore, it has been and continues to be, a source of comfort.
- The poetry of Mary Oliver.
- My husband, who does more to support me in ministry than anyone knows, because it is usually in the background.
- Bonus: Colleagues, face to face and groups such as the RevGals!