It’s Friday Five time again over at Revgals! This time it’s about celebrations!
Five things I am celebrating right now:
- Our fourth wedding anniversary was yesterday, we celebrated with family and friends around a bonfire. It was a perfect evening, the fire ban in our part of Nova Scotia had just been lifted the day before, a little bit of breeze to keep the bugs down, lots of stats in the night sky and good conversation and lots of laughs.
- Canada Day! No other country I would rather live in. We are going to see the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo this afternoon. Pipes, drums, marching bands, men in skirts, what could be better?
- Delving into the work of Brené Brown with some trusted colleagues; it’s intense, has raised some old issues that I thought I had dealt with, but it is having an impact on my life and ministry.
- Watching my youngest grandchild grow up and being close enough to have her for sleepovers, which we have been doing since she was a baby. She just finished grade 2 and it is fascinating to watch her become her own person.
- The church picnic held at a parishioners home last week and slower pace of summer ministry and my upcoming vacation!
What are you celebrating?