Revgal Marie is encouraging us to look at what is good in our lives this week.
- What’s one good thing happening in your personal (but not TOO personal) life? I am at the final stages of a Spiritual Direction program I have been taking for the past 2 1/2 years. It’s been an amazing, challenging, life-changing journey.
- What’s one good thing happening in your work life? My appointment at my current church has been extended until the end of the year. And there are a few other possibilities in the area if this appointment doesn’t turn into a call. So thankful for meaningful, challenging days.
- What’s one good thing happening in the area where you live? Roadwork… despite the fact that it slows down my morning commute, I am grateful that it is being done.
- What’s one good thing happening in the life of someone you love? My mother’s continuing determination to make a new life for herself after the sudden death of my father 1 1/2 years ago.
- What’s one good thing happening in the world? My denomination, just elected a new moderator, the second gay person in a row and there doesn’t seem to be any press about the fact that she is gay. We also just entered into ‘mutual recognition of ministries’ with the United Church of Christ in the Philippines and with the Presbyterian Church of Korea. And we have entered into full communion with the United Church of Christ. “Walls that divide are broken down, Christ is our unity…”