It’s Friday Five time over at Revgals and today it’s all about hellos and good-byes.
I am saying “Hello” and/or “Goodbye” to:
- book – Hmm… I have a hard time saying good-bye to any books, but I did cull 3 from my library last week… of course, 3 out of about 3000… and I ordered three books for my Interim Ministry Training course at the end of September.
- habit or practice – So many habits or practices I would like to either start or stop. But then they wind up sounding like New Year’s Resolutions… and we all know what happens to most of them. So, I will pick one: walking three times a week.
- idea – Saying good-bye to the idea that I have any control over most outcomes. Parker Palmer’s concept of ‘way’ has to close before ‘way’ can open is at the forefront right now.
- food – Hello healthier eating. I have been gained and lost several persons in my life time… the last time it came off so slowly that I thought it was gone for good. But three years later I am back up to what I was plus a few more. So back to Weight Watchers yesterday.
- person – Ministry always seems to be full of good-byes and hellos. Last week I said good-bye to my youngest nephew as he left for basic training in the Canadian Army.