Today’s Friday Five is all about your favorite fall things.
- What’s your favorite fall food? A hearty beef stew or pot roast that takes all day to cook. I sometimes imagine I will get one in the oven before I leave for church on Sunday…
- What’s your favorite item of clothing that you get to pull out in the fall? Anything that is burgundy! It’s been my favourite colour since I was a child. The dark, rich colour seems perfectly suited for cooler weather.
- What’s your fav.orite fall scene in nature? (Pictures encouraged!) I participated in a contemplative photography program last fall at Tatamagouche Centre where I spent two entire days taking photos. This is my favourite of them all.
- What’s your favorite thing that happens in the fall? Back to school? Sports season? Something else entirely? I usually love getting back into routines, reconnecting with church members and colleagues who have been away. My energy is usually high in the fall but I confess that this fall, I am rather weary, only having had a week’s vacation over the summer, instead of my usual month.
- And finally, because surely not everyone is as in love as I am, what is your least favorite thing about fall? The days getting shorter, already it is dark at 8 pm, and it seems like just yesterday we sat outside till 9 and it was still daylight.