Over at RevGals it’s Friday Five time again! This time about seasonal disciplines.
- Are you giving up, or taking on? Some combination thereof? Something of both. I created a word a day creative response list, you can check it out here. I am also taking on healthy eating.
- Fasting? What does that look like for you? I have never fasted, but I am taking the opportunity of these 6 weeks of Lent to kickstart the healthy eating habits. I would be interested in hearing from folks who have fasted. What does that mean? How do you maintain your energy?
- In what way is study helpful to you this season? Are you reading, studying, journaling…? Photography has been the principle way I pray for a number of years, and I plan to continue and deepen that practice. I started a 5 day a week Bible reading plan at the beginning of the year, but have fallen behind and been tempted (!) to just let it go, despite the fact that I found it very meaningful the first 4 weeks.
- Purple. Do you find that your wardrobe is drawn to participate in the season? I love the colour purple anyway!
- How are you finding ways to take “time apart” in order to avoid getting worn thin? I am feeling a little worn thin right now. The second year in an interim ministry appointment is harder than the first. I knew it would be harder. I just started singing again with YouGottaSing, a community choir whose director chooses uplifting music and whose energy and enthusiasm always inspires me. But as an introvert, I take time apart by being alone and so I am guarding Fridays more intentionally this season.