Five things that I am doing to survive Holy Week!
First of all, many people in our churches have no idea that Lent/Easter is a much more demanding season than Advent Christmas. I didn’t either until my first year of ministry… why that wasn’t covered in my education and training I have no idea! I write this, fully aware that for some of my colleagues, the week includes daily services. Mine does not, but I do have 6 services in 5 days starting Thursday.
These are my five things to survive the coming week, a week which included a funeral on Saturday:
- Make soup so that I don’t have to think about what to take for lunches.
- Make sure I have everything for healthy snacks.
- Do laundry so that I don’t have to think about what to wear every day. I actually do this most weeks, I cannot stand having to figure it out in the morning.
- The weather promises to be warmer this coming week, so getting outside for at least 15 minutes every day will be a blessing.
- Take some time to sit in the sanctuary and pray so that I get to experience this week, and not just get through it!
One thought on “Friday Five: Holy Week Survival Kit”
Yes! Laundry early in the week is an excellent plan. I’m writing it down now.