Today’s Friday Five at RevGalBlogPals features five experiences of wind that offered an opportunity to pause and take in the wonder and power of it. I love Friday Five questions as they wind up making me think about things that I may not have.
- Waves crashing over the road in a hurricane.
- The wind in the trees behind the manse in Claremont, which reminded me of ocean waves, which was 1800k away.
- The wind on the lake at my parents’ cottage one day; I had taken my five year old out in the canoe and hadn’t realized how strong the wind was and how far it carried us down the lake, until I turned around to go back. I thought I was going to have to tie it up on the other side and have us walk back around. (LONG before the days of cellphones!)
- The wind one morning at my favourite beach, Conrad’s Beach. It was blowing so hard I could hardly stay upright, there was a large hollow scooped out in one of hin one of the grassy dunes and I went down into it. I could feel the power of the wind in the sand and still hear it roaring above me, but inside all was still.
- The way in which wind makes the invisible visible! The image is of a trees at sunset shining through a window on to this footstool.