Friday Five over at RevGals invites us to quietly ponder 5 things about Advent.
1. Decorating the tree with my youngest granddaughter.
2. Being pulled further into darkness as the days continue to shorten, but with the sureness that light will return.
3. The sense of optimism that returns to churches.
4. The Blue Christmas Service
5. Coming home to a warm, brightly lit home after a long day.
6 thoughts on “Friday Five – Advent”
“2. Being pulled further into darkness as the days continue to shorten, but with the sureness that light will return.”
This. Since our move west, the one thing I’m finding that I am struggling with is how much earlier it gets dark here. It never occurred to me that while we were moving west, we were also shifting north. While that’s great in the summer, making for longer days, it’s not so great right now. Black at 4.30, and so becomes my mood. This phrase “sureness that light will return” is one I’m going to clutch tightly, until it does. Thank you!
Darkening days with light sure to come. Yes. –Wendy
Oh yes…to the Blue Christmas service. I have always been on the planning/leading end…but in many ways that was the service that made the season/holidays/church/families doable.
Oh yes Elaine! It’s one of the few services that I really experience the presence of God as I lead it.
What a wonderful list. I love this. Thank you! Especially the optimism. Yes.
I love the Friday Five!