Today over at RevGals, it’s Friday Five time again.
In Nova Scotia, we have been snow-bombed for the past week, with amounts close to 100 cm (39 inches) in some places. Many churches cancelled services last Sunday for the THIRD time since the middle of January.
On street parking in Halifax has been banned as the city tries to clear some of the snow clogged streets, however buses are back on the road today after no service for two days and neighbours have been banding together to clear walkways and driveways. A special shout out to our neighbour who cleared our driveway when he found out that both my husband and I were sick with the flu.
We definitely need a little spring… the forecast for tomorrow is 20-30 mm of rain… it could be messy.
These are the signs of spring for me:
- This year, it will be the first time I don’t have to wear boots.
- The return of the peeper frogs! Listen here.
- The hyacinths I planted last year in my front flower bed.
- The day I take off my winter coat.
- The day the air feels soft.