Over at RevGalBlogPals, it’s a birthday Friday Five.
- Is there a birthday that stands out as particularly memorable in your life? I dreaded my 40th birthday. I was single after an unexpected marriage breakdown and thought I would be alone for the rest of my life. I was experiencing financial difficulties and my health was not the best. It turned out to be a great day… friends put pink flamingos on my lawn, other friends took me to lunch and supper and my son brought cake home.
- Theme parties, yes or no? Hmm… I would have to say no.
- What’s your favorite flavor of cake (or pie, or cookie) with which to celebrate? Is there anything other than chocolate?
- Best. Gift. Ever!? A Kitchen Aid mixer! A red one!
- What’s great about the time of year you celebrate your birthday? Fall is my favourite time of year… that sense of new beginnings… energy returning after the hot days of supper… even getting back to regular routines is good.
What about you? What do you like about birthdays?