Today’s RevGalBlogPals Friday Five is books! What are you reading, what’s in your ‘to read’ pile, what would you recommend?
I always have a stack of books on the go… too many to read in the time available. I probably have more than five on the go right now, but these ones are at the top.
- From Where I Stand – Jody Wilson Raybould – former Attorney General of Canada, writes about Indigenous issues, and Canada’s colonial past, and to deconstruct that with a shared vision of a way forward.
- An Honourable Life – Mayann Francis, a memoir of the first black Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia.
- Dynamic Discernment – Sarah B. Drummond, this is actually at the top of my pile as I received a free copy if I would review it. That is a task for Study Leave next week.
- Feeding My Mother – Jann Arden, Canadian singer/songwriter, actor shared unflinchingly and with great humour and compassion, what it’s like to become a parent to her mher.
- Unsettling the Word – Biblical Experiments in Decolonization – Various Indigenous and Settle author offer an alternate reading of Biblical texts. They ask the question, can these text be use for liberation and justice instead of oppression?
What are you reading right now?